- Darkfield condensers allow you to render detail in specimens that would otherwise be transparent.
- This set includes a dry darkfield condenser for lower magnifications, and an oil darkfield condenser for higher magnifications.
- Compatible models include: B340, T340, B400, T400, B450, T450, B460, B490, T490, B590, T590, B600, T600, B680, T680, M220, M600
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- "Dry" darkfield condenser for our T490 compound microscopes
- "Oil" darkfield condenser included
- Improve contrast in translucent specimens
- Designed for lower-NA objectives
This is a darkfield condenser set for our 490 series compound microscopes, designed for dry use with lower magnifications, and for oil use with higher magnifications. The dry condenser will accommodate lower-magnification objective lenses with numerical apertures lower than 1.0, and the oil condenser up to 1.36 NA.
The darkfield condenser uses principles of light-diffraction to suppress field-illumination while illuminating the edges of otherwise-transparent or translucent objects. This is particularly useful for quantitative analysis of low-contrast specimens.
- Condenser Mount: front-loading with flange
- Mounting Diameter: 42mm
- Compatibility: T490 series compound microscopes
- Immersion Medium: oil
- Contains SKU: DK-DRY100 and DK-OIL100
- Article number: