- 5MP USB digital camera captures photos & live videos on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X, and Linux computers
- Includes calibration slide for establishing measurement baselines
- User-friendly software for Windows offers editing/processing and advanced features including Stitching, EDF, Video Recording and Measurement functions
- Linux and Mac software records video and still images, with controls for exposure and color
- Fits 3 mounting sizes: 23mm, 30mm and 30.5mm (two mounting adapters included)
About the product
- Product description
- Additional information
The MD500 is an ultra-compact 5MP USB digital microscope camera, ideally suited for use as an eyepiece camera. By itself, it will fit 23mm ocular or photo ports, but it can be adapted to fit 30mm or 30.5mm ports using the included sleeves. Using the USB interface for both connectivity and power, only a single cable is needed.
With software available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, this camera package is a multi-platform imaging solution. The included Windows software offers image-development and measurement tools, as well as advanced compositing features such as image-stitching and extended-depth-of-focus. With the ability to calibrate scales at multiple magnifications, the software can be used for multi-level inspection. Independent preview and capture resolutions allow you to view high-speed video while simultaneously capturing high-definition images. For Mac and Linux, there is a lite version of the software which can capture video and still images, and includes limited processing features. The included calibration slide allows you to take accurate measurements in the software by creating baseline measurements at multiple magnifications.
- offers Stitching, EDF, video recording and measurement functions
- conducts measurements for lengths, angles, arcs, areas and etc.
- saves still images in BMP, TIFF, JPG, PICT, PTL or other formats
- live video and still image capture can be set in different resolutions simultaneously
More features: add layers, watermarks, mosaics, tiles; adjust color balance, exposure, saturation, contrast, orientation; change resolution, histogram, granulation, diffusion; transform images via edge detection, digital image warping; conducts measurements for single, parallel or perpendicular lines and rectangular, elliptical and irregular areas; adds notes, measurements, text, arrows, labels, and etc. using customizable text with different sizes and colors; conducts measurements in microns, millimeters, centimeters, inches, feet, and etc. under any magnification powers with desired tolerances
- Article number:
- Camera Application:
- PC & Mac Display
- Camera Connectivity:
- USB 2.0
- Camera Mounting Size:
- 23mm , 30.5mm , 30mm
- Camera Pixel:
- Camera Type:
- PC & Mac
- Mounting Size:
- Camera-23mm , Camera-30.5mm , Camera-30mm
- Product Software:
Up til now I have been using a webcam, which I hacked to fit my microscope. However, this did not allow me to get a good resolution. I can recommend the AmScope eyepiece camera. It gives a genuine 5 MP image. However, It doesn't seem to be quite as sensitive as my old webcam, so I need to upgrade the microscope lighting to gain the full benefit. So far I am very pleased with the images I'm getting.