- 40X to 2500X magnification range for studying a range of specimens including hair follicles, cells, and bacteria. 10X and 25X eyepieces provide 6 unique magnification settings.
- An entry-level biological compound microscope with a 4-lens turret and a simplified traditional layout which is beneficial for students and other first-time users.
- Unlike many microscopes in its class, the M500 uses DIN industry-standard optics, making it compatible with a large selection of objective lenses and eyepieces.
- The built-in halogen lamp provides bright, full-spectrum illumination to reduce eye strain
- Monitor and capture photos and videos with the included 0.3MP digital eyepiece camera. Professional microscopy software for Windows, Mac, and Linux provide tools for image processing, measuring, and more.
- Includes The World of the Microscope: a beautifully-illustrated book that will help guide first-time users through the history of microscopes and how to perform experiments right at home.
- Includes a huge set of 100 prepared slides to view on your new microscope, with a variety of plant and animal specimens chosen to provide a range of shapes and colors, ideal for learning to use the microscope
- Now available – New Kid’s Friendly Software – an AmScope exclusive that makes it fun and easy for your child to use camera software.
- Camera Software Download Windows and Mac , as well as providing a quick study of nature at the microscopic level.
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- 40X-2500X Precise glass optical magnification settings
- Metal framework; Coarse & fine focusing; Abbe condenser; Iris diaphragm
- Digital camera with advanced editing, processing & measuring software for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- 100pc specimens of plants, insects and animal tissues
- Microscope book: The World of The Microscope
This brand new compound microscope comes with a USB digital camera, a 100-piece prepared slide collection and the microscope book, The World of The Microscope. The microscope has full optical glass elements, metal framework, coarse & fine focusing and a 20Watt electrical illumination system. It offers six magnification settings (40X, 100X, 250X, 400X, 1000X & 2500X).
The digital camera captures still images and video, and allows you to view a live stream on your PC. The included software for Windows offers image-development and measurement tools, as well as advanced compositing features such as image-stitching and extended-depth-of-focus. Independent preview and capture resolutions allow you to view high-speed video while capturing high-definition images. On Mac computers, the camera can be used as a driverless imaging device, compatible with various applications, such as ProScope and Photo Booth.
The 100-piece prepared slides include assorted specimens of plants, insects and animal tissues. The book investigates the enormous variety of objects too small for the eye to see. Step-by-step diagrams show how to get the best from a microscope and how to make and keep slides. It covers different types of microscopes and there are plenty of exciting suggestions for projects which reveal the incredible detail of everyday objects. This is an ideal microscope package for home school or for students, from elementary to high school, and hobbyists.
- A great affordable compound microscope with digital image system!
- 100pc assorted specimens of plants, insects and animal tissues
- The microscope book - The World of The Microscope
- Captures microscope still images and records live videos.
- Conducts length, angle, area and other measurements across images.
- Clear images with 640x480 pixel resolution.
- Fast USB2.0 PC connection and easy installation and operation
- 360 degree rotatable monocular head.
- 45 degree inclined eye tube.
- Large plain stage with clips and stain resistant finish.
- Separate coarse & fine focusing.
- Fully coated optical system with high resolution.
- Crystal clear sharp images.
- High quality student microscope.
- Perfect for up to high school students.
- Six levels of magnification: 40X, 100X, 250X, 400X, 1000X & 2500X.
- Upward stage stopper for protecting slides and objectives.
- Built-in electrical illumination system.
- Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm filter holder.
- Dual focusing control knobs.
- Four DIN Achromatic objectives.
- Full optical glass elements.
- All metal mechanical components.
- Precise ground glass lens.
- Solid metal frame construction with stain resistant enamel finish.
- Spare bulb, fuse and a bottle of immersion oil included.
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 quality control standard.
- Excellent five (5) year factory warranty.
- Nosepiece: quadruple.
- Head: 45 degree inclined monocular.
- Wide-field Eyepiece: WF10X and WF25X.
- Achromatic Objectives: 4X, 10X, 40X (spring), 100X (oil, spring).
- Stage Dimensions: 4-3/8" x 4-3/4" (110x120mm).
- Abbe Condenser: NA=1.25 with iris diaphragm filter.
- Focusing Control: rack & pinion.
- Illumination: tungsten lamp
- Power Supply: 220V UK Plug w/ EU Adapter
- Accessories: dust cover and a bottle of immersion oil.
- Microscope Dimensions: 7-1/2" x 5-1/8" x 15-0".
- Sensor: Aptina
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 3.58x2.69mm
- Pixel Size: 5.6
- Resolution: .35MP (640x480)
- Frame Rate: 30@640x480
- Compatibility: Windows (32/64 bit) XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OSX (Mac software not provided)
- OS Requirements: Windows (32/64 bit) XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Hardware Requirements: Intel Core2 2.8GHz or comparable processor, 2GB RAM, USB2.0 port
- Four Achromatic DIN Objectives, 4X, 10X, 40X and 100X
- Two Widefield Eyepieces, WF10X & WF25X
- One Wrench for Tension Adjustment
- Color Filters
- Immersion Oil
- Spare Bulb
- Dust Cover
- User's Manual Download
- One 640x480 Pixel USB2.0 Digital Camera (Imager)
- One USB Cable
- One CD with Software, Driver and User's Instructions for the Camera
- One 100pc Prepared Slide Set
- One Microscope book: The World of The Microscope
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs
- Article number: