- Product Description
- Additional Information
- This amazing STEM science kit includes everything you need to start your journey into the microscopic world.
- The easy-to-use microscope features high-quality, glass lenses, producing magnifications up to 1000X!
- Top and bottom LED lights let you see all kinds of exciting things. The top light is used for opaque objects, like leaves and bugs. The bottom light is used for slides and liquids.
- Portable - Operates anywhere on 3 rechargeable AA batteries
- A collection of beautifully-illustrated cards is included, with over a dozen fun activities geared towards STEM education.
- A complete toolkit for preparing slides is included, with slides, stains, tweezers, and much more.
This is a terrific beginner microscope for kids and young adults. With 3 objective lenses and 2 eyepieces, you can use 5 magnification levels from 40X to 1000X. The magnification range is ideal for viewing microscopic organisms, like what you might find in water samples from a lake or ocean. It's also great for looking at crystal structures and metallurgical samples. The top and bottom LED illumination provide light for both translucent and opaque objects. This means you can look at ultra-thin tissue samples, or plant leaves and insects. And since the microscope is battery-powered, you can take it anywhere.
The easy-to-use controls guarantee that anyone can get the hang of using the microscope in no time. The 3-lens turret can switch between the 4X, 10X, and 40X objective lenses by simply rotating. The specimen-stage has two clips to hold a slide or other object in place, while focus is adjusted by turning the large knob on either side of the microscope. A switch on the back will select the top light for opaque objects, or bottom light for translucent ones. An aperture wheel under the stage can be rotated to change the focus of the bottom light, which can increase or decrease the detail in the specimen.
To make things even better, we added a collection of 6 cards featuring fun and educational experiments for kids and grown-ups alike. Over a dozen activities will provide a clear and easy lesson-plan, designed to inspire interest in STEM education.
This kit includes 5 prepared slides, as well as a collection of tools for making your own slides. There's a Petri dish for holding liquid samples, and 5 blank slides and cover slips for mounting thin-section specimens, like tissues. There's an easy-to-use microtome for slicing specimens, and red and blue stains to improve contrast in highly-translucent specimens. A vial, stirring rod, and pipette will help prepare wet-mount slides. And, of course, there are tweezers to help with the more-delicate subjects.
- Easy to use, and great for kids
- 40X to 1000X magnification range with two eyepieces
- High-grade glass optics for sharp, clear image
- Transmitted and reflected lighting for translucent and opaque objects
- Includes prepared slides
- Includes blanks slides and tools for preparing your own specimens
- Includes a Fantastic Book About Microscopes
- One M50 microscope with 3 objective lenses and 10X eyepiece
- One 25X eyepiece
- One Bottle of Eosin
- One Bottle of Methylene Blue
- One Tweezers
- One Swab
- Five Blank Slides + Cover Slips
- Five Prepared Slides
- One Set of ID Stickers
- One Petri Dish
- One Pick
- One Stirring Rod
- One Vial
- One Set of Kimwipes
- One Pipette
- One Microtome
- 6 Experiment Cards
- Article number: